My instagram feed blew up yesterday with images from J.Crew’s Spring 2016 preview. The playful yet tailored collection suggests the iconic American fashion brand is returning to its roots. Flirty twists such as embroidered shorts, statement earrings, and sequin skirts kept things interesting and patterns (stripes, gingham, madras!) can be found in spades. Three cheers to J.Crew getting its groove back.
(images via Vogue.com)
I stumbled across luxury loungewear company Yolke this weekend and instantly fell in love with their chic silk pajamas. Founded by friends (and Temperly London veterans) Ella Ringner and Anna Williamson, the English lifestyle brand has a distinctly colorful, tomboy-ish charm. Their Varsity monogram set is rather fantastic and I can’t help but covet one of their pretty printed eye masks. Perhaps I’ll splurge on a pair of pajamas while I’m across the pond…
Madewell’s Spring 2015 catalog has me dreaming of a South American getaway. Photographed in Buenos Aires, the look book backdrop is a lovely as the clothes themselves. I’ve been itching to travel to Argentina for ages and this certainly hasn’t discouraged my wanderlust. I’ll take the wardrobe and the cobblestone streets.
I thought I’d kick off the weekend links with some photographs by Joyce Lee. I’ve been admiring her work for years (she’s shot for the likes of Hermès and Kate Spade…) and was thrilled when she agreed to give Buddy Editions exclusive rights to sell these four prints. I think I need a 30″x40″ of the ‘6am Sun Moon Lake’ (a striking shot of Joyce’s mama in Taiwan) hanging in my next apartment. And now some fun links around the web:
– I donated and hope you will too. These kids deserve inspiring field trips and safe summer programs for years to come.
– ‘To Fall Out of Love, Do This’ – a hysterical response by The New Yorker
– I’ve always wanted to take a river cruise down the Nile.
– Did you follow the highly addictive 40 Days of Dating experiment? This weekend I’m curling up with their newly released book.
– The simple, straight-forward to-do app that changed my life.
– The awesome Alexa Chung for AG Jeans collab sold out almost everywhere.
– A great NPR story on artist Sister Corita Kent. Many of the women in my family went to Immaculate Heart in Hollywood and their homes are full of her prints.
– My summer motivation? This Marysia Swim bikini.
Thank god it’s Friday! This weekend I’m meeting an old friend up in Carmel. He wants to go hiking in Big Sur (it’s going to be 72 degrees!) and I want to drink wine at Casanova. They’ll be plenty to instagram. I went to high school in the area and it’s near and dear to my heart. Do you have any thrilling weekend plans? Do tell! And now for some fun weekend links:
– “To Fall in Love With Anyone, Do This”
– Fascinating story of jewelry designed by the daughter of a French social anthropologist that married a Maasai warrior
– A woodsy candle for cozy winter nights
– Amelia Bedelia, anyone? Dress Like Your Favorite Children’s Book Character
– Trying to eat less peanut butter and more salads. Starting with this one.
– These tights are the best thing that happened to my half-marathon training
– Anya Hindmarch’s Guide to London (I loved visiting her Belgravia shop)
– Excited be selling these new fashion illustrations on Buddy Editions
– Would you try this yogurt, avocado, and honey mask? I just might…
– My little brother recommended Transparent and I’m almost done with season one. It’s heart warming and funny and brilliant.